Thursday, July 21, 2005

AT SEA WITH USS HARRY S TRUMAN

Hi from Robert, this is my very first blog on the sight hope you enjoy reading.
I have done many travels with the US NAVY onboard USS HARRY S TRUMAN CVN-75 Aircraft Carrier homeport Norfolk, VA, USA. Recently returned from 6 month deployment to Persian Gulf..I have had the opportunity to travel to France, Italy, UK- London, Edinburgh, Scotland, Dubai, U.A.E, Manama, Bahrain, Greece....As of now just doin travels in Atlantic ocean on the East Coast, US.

Thats all for now

Take Care
:)

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to hear more about his last 6 month deployment... I have a daughter on the Harry S.Truman and she really doesn't like to talk much about her deployments but I am very interested in what a day consist of when they are stuck surrounded by nothing but water.I think I'd go crazy

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Robert said...

On our last 6 month deployment a day for me we usually have a watch for 4 hours everyday either on bridge driving the ship or on lookout or the aft steering watch. We had clean hour from 7:30a to 8:30a then regular days business which for me is maintenance work and there are also drills goin on and flights ops all day and night plus we have Underway Replenishments to get food and also for re-fueling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home